Modalert is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, an Indian multi-national pharmaceutical company that has a presence in more than 100 countries all over the world. It is the largest pharmaceutical company in India, and the fourth largest pharmaceutical company in the world that deals with generic medications specifically. Additionally, it was listed by Forbes in 2020 as being amongst the World's Best Employers. It was founded in 1983, in Gujarat, and now generates over 72% of it's sales from outside of India, especially the United States of America. The USA approve the medications that are distributed there through the notoriously rigorous Food and Drug Administration (FDA) tests, meaning that you can rest assured that the medications that this pharmaceutical giant sells are safe and effective, especially Modalert, hence why so many people are trying to buy Modalert in the UK.
What is Modalert Used For?
Modalert is used to treat a variety of conditions, some which it is recommended for, and has medical approval for, called 'on-label' uses, and others which it is recommended for, but has not acquired the approval for, called 'off-label' uses.
It has been approved for use in the United Kingdom by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), for the following on-label uses:
- Narcolepsy - this is a rare brain condition that affects people over a long period of time, where they are unable to prevent themselves from falling asleep. This often occurs at inappropriate times, and therefore cannot only be dangerous, but also embarrassing. It occurs when the brain is unable to regulate the sleep-wake cycle and is characterised by excessive day-time sleepiness and brief periods of falling asleep without meaning to. It also is common (around 70%) for people who suffer from narcolepsy to also experience cataplexy, which is a sudden loss of muscle strength. These conditions are often both brought on by experiencing extreme emotions, such as laughing, crying or fear. In addition, some people may also experience hallucinations alongside this condition, which is often accompanied by sleep paralysis.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea - this condition is one of the most common sleep conditions and is characterised by partial or full blockage of the airways whilst sleeping. This can then result in disrupted breathing, or occasionally being unable to breathe at all, resulting in the sufferer waking up. Due to this, they can often find that they often feel tired and fatigued in the day, as they are unaware of the condition that they have whilst sleeping. Some of the more common signs and symptoms of this condition is loud snoring, temporarily stopping breathing, gasping, or choking while sleeping. In addition to tiredness and fatigue, sufferers may also experience insomnia, headaches, and irritability, though Modalert can only assist with the day-time sleepiness aspect of the condition.
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder - this condition is related to our circadian rhythm, or 'body clock', which is disrupted because of extreme changes in shift patterns, resulting in differences in when the sufferer can fall asleep. This results in excessive sleepiness and fatigue, when the person suffering from Shift Work Sleep Disorder is supposed to be awake and productive. It is estimated that around 20% of the working population do shift work, and up to 40% of those suffer from Shift Work Sleep Disorder. Using Modalert allows the shift worker to navigate the changes in shift more easily, allowing them to stay awake when they need to.
- For Studying or Work - this medication is becoming increasingly popular amongst younger groups of healthy adults. This is because it is useful to help keep people awake when they need to work late, or study late. By increasing alertness and concentration and reducing tiredness, this medication allows the user to focus more and hit deadlines more effectively than they would be able to alone.
The Modalert effects are generally quite consistent. It reduces tiredness, allows the user to resist sleep and increases the ability to focus on a task more easily. It does not work in the same way as amphetamines or other stimulants, however. It is thought to work in multiple ways. One is the selective activation of the hypothalamus in the brain, which is responsible for waking and sleeping patterns. A common hypothesis amongst scientists is that it affects dopamine in the body. It does this through the central nervous system, where the dopamine receptors are located, by binding to the receptors to increase the amount of dopamine produced, while simultaneously preventing the reuptake of it. Another Modalert effect is that it is thought to indirectly affect hypocretin, which is also responsible for wakefulness.
How Long Does Modalert Last?
Before you buy Modalert, it is important to know how long the effects last, so that you can know how often to take it. The common consensus is that the effects of Modalert tend to last for around 10 hours. After it is first ingested, the concentration of the medication reaches its peak at 4 hours. Further to this, the half life of this medication is around 15 hours, which means this is how long it takes for half of the medication to be expelled from the body. If you are older, it may take longer for the medication to leave the body. This is also the same for those who suffer from liver disease, as the primary method of elimination for this medication is through the liver.
How To Take Modalert
Before taking this medication, you should understand how to take Modalert, as well as the correct dosage to take of it. We will first discuss the on-label uses for this medication.
If you are taking this medication for narcolepsy, one Modalert 200 mg should be taken a day, which can be increased to two a day if needed. For obstructive sleep apnoea, one Modalert 200 mg tablet should be taken in the morning. For shift work sleep disorder, one Modalert 200 mg tablet should be taken one hour prior to the beginning of your shift.
When using this medication for studying or work, one tablet should be taken around an hour prior. In relation to dosage, as this is not a medical condition, the user can decide on the dosage to take, with a recommended maximum dose of 200 mg per day.
When taking Modalert, you should always swallow it alongside a glass of water. Please note that taking this medication alongside a high fat or large meal may result in a delay in the effects kicking in. It is important that the recommended dose of this medication is not exceeded. Before starting any new medication, you should always consult with your doctor beforehand to ensure that it does not interfere with any existing medications that you are taking, or conditions that you suffer from. The maximum daily dosage of Modalert, regardless of the condition that it is being taken for, is 400 mg daily.
Modalert Side Effects
Like any pharmaceutical grade medication, when they are effective in treating us in some way, there are always rare occurrences of side effects. Fortunately, Modalert side effects are not common, and if the recommended dose is taken, they are very mild. Before you buy Modalert, you should read ahead on the side effects that some people have reported. Some of the most common side effects that can occur whilst taking this medication are:
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Changes in appetite
- Excessive thirst
- Muscle aches
As mentioned, the above Modalert side effects are the most common, and the possibility of these occurring are very slim. If you do experience the above side effects, you do not need to stop taking the medication, however you may wish to book a GPs appointment if they start to become more severe.
Modalert vs Modvigil
For those looking to compare Modalert vs Modvigil, then look no further. Here we explain the similarities and differences between these two brands. We say 'brands' as opposed to 'medications', as both of these brands recommended dosage contains the exact same amount of the same active ingredient, which is 200 mg of Modafinil. Because of this, there is no reason based in science that one of these brands should be more effective than the other, some people find that one brand works better for them while others feel that the other does. The only real difference between the two are the packaging and the branding. So, rest assured, if you are looking to buy either of these safe and effective nootropics UK products, they should be equally as useful at helping to keep you awake and alert.
Is Modalert Safe to Take?
If you are looking to buy Modalert online in the UK, you can rest assured that it is not known for having a high incidence of side effects, and any side effects are usually mild. However, to ensure complete safety, you should complete the following actions before taking any medication. Like any pharmaceutical grade medication, it is put through rigorous checks to ensure the safety, effectiveness, and reliability, however as with any medication, there are certain risks. The actions to take are:
- Inform your healthcare professional if you are allergic to any of the ingredients contained in this medication.
- If you suffer from daytime sleepiness, please note that Modalert may not entirely relieve it. If you are not normally fit to drive or operate heavy machinery due to your condition, it is not recommended that you do so just because you are taking Modanifil.
Before Buying Modalert
Before you buy Modalert, or consider buying any medication, you should consider what alternative methods you can use to treat your condition. One way of effectively treating daytime sleepiness without taking any medication or substances of any kind is by working on your sleep hygiene. Proper sleep hygiene can ensure that any conditions that cause excessive daytime sleepiness are not exacerbated by poor sleep at night. Some ways that you can improve your sleep hygiene are:
- Make sure that your bedroom is quiet, dark, and at a good temperature.
- Do not lie in bed unless you are planning on sleeping. This will make sure that your body only associates your bed with sleep, so you will drift off quicker as soon as you get into bed.
- Complete at least 20 minutes of exercise a day.
- Quit smoking, do not do drugs, and reduce alcohol consumption, at least before bedtime.
- Do not look at any bright blue screens such as phones and laptops just before bed.
- If you try to sleep and are unable to after half an hour, then stand up and complete a relaxing activity out of bed before you can try to sleep again.
Best Place to Buy Modalert
The question now is, where am I able to buy Modalert in the UK? Because there are still so many on-going studies into modafinil UK and its application for use in different conditions, some doctors will not be aware enough to prescribe it. In this situation, you can buy Modalert online in the UK at trustworthy online pharmacies such as our own. Visit www.ukmodafinil.com for Modalert, plus a host of other brands which are available to purchase too. We have the cheapest products available, which we deliver directly to your door, anywhere in the United Kingdom, at the click of a button.
Unsure of which brand you should try, or have any other questions about the products or our website? Please get in contact with a member of our team here, who would be more than happy to answer any queries that you may have.